T he City of Moraine's Economic Development Department welcomes you and hopes that we can assist you with growing your business in Moraine and the Dayton Region.
Our Targeted Industries:
- Renewable energy and Energy efficiency
- Health Services and Technology
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Logistics and Distribution
- Business and Professional Services
Highlights of the Region Include:
- 6 million+ sq ft of Facilities
- Well educated Region & high-quality workforce
- 15 Local Colleges/Universities within 25 miles
- ACCRA Cost of Living Index (US avg is 100):
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- I-70/75 Crossroads of America
Why Dayton, Ohio Region?
Many variables are considered by businesses that are expanding their operations, or businesses that are looking for a new headquarters. One of these variables is the ease of product distribution. The Dayton Region, where two major north-south and east-west interstate highways (I-75 and I-70) intersect, is favorably positioned as a distribution center from every direction. The Dayton has 1.5 million people of the United State’s population in the 8-County Region. On average, a truck or car can drive about 50 miles in an hour. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Toledo and Louisville are only a few of the major metropolitan areas within a few hours drive from the Dayotn Region. Even more impressive is the fact that half of the US population lives within a few hours’ flight to the Region. Of the Region’s population 83.1% urban and 16.9% rural.
- 50 miles: 2.2% (6,106,301 people)
- 300 miles: 21.4% (60,278,615 people)
- 600 miles: 55.9% (157,389,860 people)
The Miami Valley Region is well equipped and well placed for global competition. With a major airport, major highways, as well as a population mass within close proximity, the Miami Valley has all of the essential attributes to provide a very competitive market for business development.
Major job sectors (top 3 account for half of jobs in Region)
Data from 2009 Metropolitan Statistical Area (Dayton, Ohio USA)
- Manufacturing (20.8%)
- Education, Health & Social Services (19.6%)
- Retail Sales (11.9%)
T he City of Moraine, Ohio has launched a broad study to chart a course for the future of economic development in the City. This multi-faceted, six-month project has resulted in a comprehensive economic development strategic plan for Moraine.
AngelouEconomics (AE), an economic development consulting firm based in Austin, Texas, has helped us:
- Facilitate a unified vision guiding economic growth for the City and region
- Strengthen the capacity of area education and workforce systems to meet target industry demands
- Build a redevelopment plan for the recently closed GM site
- Identify specific short term strategies that lay out steps to attract, retain and expand high growth industries
- Develop longer-term strategies to create sustainable high-wage jobs in a mix of profitable industry sectors that leverage Moraine’s current set of assets
To find out more about the study click here to view the Roll Out Presentation
Other Notable Material